Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Why Horror?

Why is horror my favorite genre? Because horror films have been inspired by nightmares and the fears that people are too scared to speak of. Horror movies are my favourite because many of them are quite twisted around and abstract, for exmaple, they can take a cute little rabbit and turn it into a flesh-eating monster. It's creative how people can do things like that. Many horrific films are based on imagination, and imagination makes the best kind of movies. I find a lot of passion inside horror films, and that's what I like most about them, the pure passion inside the movie. It's a kind of passion that's daring, and isn't afraid to encounter the darkest of things, like "Nightmare on Elm Street".
I also love horror movies because I have this way about me that finds love in creepy and obscene things, except for spiders, I'm terribly arachnophobic. But for some people, by finding love in horror, they feel more at eaze with themselves when it comes to dealing with fear, but for others, the only thing horror does to them is give them nightmares, but that's 100% normal for anybody.
Horror films have greatly expanded my imagination, and creativity, and they've also reduced a whole lot of fear that I've had when watching them, but one great method for getting rid of fear while watching scary movies, is to see humor in them.
I will never ever, ever get sick of scary movies, they're a big part of who I am today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment